Brookhaven (11719) is a city near White Plains, Medford, Huntington, New Rochelle and Harrison in the New York state of the United States of America. It is one of the most populous cities in New York and still has a brilliant trash management program.
Through this program, the streets are cleaned regularly, trash is collected from every house; recycling items and bulk products get a separate pickup too.
Every kind of waste including the yard waste is taken care of. Sign up for this program now, and get to know all the details from here.
Also Check NYC Trash Schedule
Brookhaven Collection Map:
To View Town of Brookhaven garbage pickup calendar, Click on the Map below:
You will be taken to a map where you can enter the address and find Brookhaven’s sanitation schedule of your area.
Garbage Pickup Schedule in Town of Brookhaven
Trash is collected one time a week in Brookhaven, either on Monday or Tuesday, or in some areas on Thursday or Friday.
However, the day depends on the area in which you live. Make sure you fill your trash cans and place them in their right locations before 6 am on your pickup day as the collection starts after it.
Here are the week days and the list of items collected on those days:
|Monday and Tuesday||Daily household waste|
|Wednesday||Necessary recycling items like paper products|
|Thursday and Friday||Daily household waste and bulk items pickup|
Brookhaven Holidays Schedule
Brookhaven’s Garbage Schedule mentioned above can be changed during some extreme weather conditions or at some of the public holidays announced by the government.
This is the town of Brookhaven garbage collection holiday schedule:
- New Year’s Day
- Christmas Day
The pickup that was to happen on these days will take place a day before. The rest of the days will have a normal collection.
Town of Brookhaven Recycling Schedule
The rules for placing recyclable items are the same as those of household trash items, however, the cart used is different.
Place the cans before 6 am on your collection day, as the pickup starts after it. View Brookhaven Recycling Schedule Calendar PDF
Here are the recyclable things you can put inside the cart:
- Tin, aluminum, and some other metal cans which have been cleaned first
- Cardboard boxes (clean and empty)
- Aerosol spray cans (empty them and remove the lids)
- Newspaper, Office paper, and Magazines
- Envelopes and Wrapping paper (which does not contain any metal or foil)
- Construction paper
- Junk mail
- Books and Paper bags
Following things should NOT be added in the recycling carts:
- Other household appliances
- Plastic gags
- Daily household trash which is to be thrown in trash containers
- Large items like furniture and mattresses
- Dangerous wastes like pesticides and paints
Brookhaven Cardboard Pickup
These are the cardboard items which are acceptable:
- Corrugated (i.e. shipping boxes)
- Non-corrugated (i.e. cereal boxes)
- NO milk/juice cartons
- NO egg cartons
- NO soiled cardboard
The schedule is same as the recycling schedule.
Town of Brookhaven Bulk Pickup Schedule
Items which are too large to fit inside regular trash cans are included in the bulk category and hold a separate pickup from the other goods.
Bulk collection in Brookhaven takes place on Thursdays or Fridays, depending on your address. Following are some examples of the things included in bulk waste.
- Rugs and carpets
- Furniture like chairs, sofas and tables
- Refrigerators (without refrigerants)
- Lumber, scrap metals, pipes etc.
- Air conditioners (after CFCs have been removed)
Brookhaven Yard Waste Pickup Schedule
Yard waste includes things like tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative things found in our lawn. These things should be tightly tied and placed in front of your house on Sundays.
To know about your yard waste pickup and recycling schedule, check out this file https://www.brookhavenny.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1132/2021-Recycling-Schedule-PDF.
Brookhaven Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste includes all those things which are explosive or can catch fire easily. These things should be present in their original containers and must be tightly packed in boxes before you take them to the facility. The STOP facility is built for this purpose and is open for the public from 8 am till noon.
Household hazardous waste products include acids, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, pesticides and insecticides, swimming pool chemicals, mercury, toner, lead, gas cylinders, furniture polish, smoke detectors, fireworks and other explosive substances, batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, wood stain, shoe polish, paints, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
Town of Brookhaven Garbage Rules
Brookhaven residents should have the following things in mind.
- Every trash container should have a minimum of three feet distance from the other cart and even more from other blockages like trees, poles etc. make sure to place your trash at areas which do not disturb any passengers or vehicles.
- Your trash cans should not be overfilled with the garbage items, as it can result in garbage being thrown on the streets.
- If your trash can has been broken, you can request for a replacement from the waste department.
- Kindly clearly mention your house addresses on every container you are placing for collection.
- Report to police or call 311 if you find anyone littering the streets since it is an illegal activity if somebody litters the street knowingly.
These are the rules related to the trash or garbage for the residents living in Brookhaven.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
That was all about Brookhaven Garbage Schedule
We have provided you with the Brookhaven garbage schedule or pickup calendar. You can view it by clicking on the Map above.
Trash collection in Brookhaven takes place on specific days weekly, with garbage being collected mostly on Monday and Tuesdays, while in some areas it is collected on Thursdays and Fridays.
For recycling, there are separate rules, and in case of any problem one can contact the management through the 631451-8696 number. To contact the management online, visit this link https://www.brookhavenny.gov/formcenter/Recycling-and-Garbage-Collection-23/Contact-the-Department-of-Recycling-and–108.
See What To Do If You Miss Trash Day in Brookhaven.