Huntington is a district in New York, in the United States of America, and is one of the most preferred places by the residents to live in. This contributes to multiple factors including the cleanliness of the suburb which attracts a lot of people to spend time here.
Keeping track of garbage pickup schedules is crucial for maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
In this article, published on mygarbageschedule.com, we will delve into the Huntington NY garbage schedule and provide you with all the information you need to ensure your waste is disposed of properly and efficiently.
Huntington Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection in Huntington takes place on a regular basis. To find Huntington NY Garbage Schedule, Click on this link: https://www.huntingtonny.gov/filestorage/13749/13849/Huntington_Trash_Calendar_2023-web.pdf.
Trash collection in Huntington starts at 6 am under normal conditions, so make sure to place your cans before this time. In case of any change, the collection time will shift to 5 am, but the residents will be informed about it beforehand.
Town of Huntington Holiday Garbage Schedule
Here is the complete trash holiday schedule for Huntington 2023.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Monday, January 16) – Regular trash pickup
- Presidents Day Monday, February 20 – Regular trash pickup
- Memorial Day – No collection will take place and the schedule will shift to the next day till Saturday
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 19 – Regular trash pickup
- Independence Day – July 4 – No collection will take place and the schedule will shift to the next day till Saturday
- Labor Day – September 4 – No collection will take place and the schedule will shift to the next day till Saturday
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 9 – Regular trash pickup
- Veterans Day – observed Friday, November 10 – Regular trash pickup
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23 – No collection will take place and the schedule will shift to the next day till Saturday
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25 – No collection will take place and the schedule will shift to the next day till Saturday
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1 – No collection will take place and the schedule will shift to the next day till Saturday
Huntington Recycling Schedule
Recyclable items are collected after 5 am on Wednesdays every week. The complete schedule is mentioned here.
|First Wednesday of the month||Bottles, cans and plastics|
|Second Wednesday of the month||Paper and cardboard items|
|Third Wednesday of the month||Bottles, cans and plastics|
|Fourth Wednesday of the month||Paper and cardboard items|
|Last (if) Wednesday of the month||Bottles, cans and plastics|
Town of Huntington Appliance Pickup
Appliance pickup should be scheduled first by contacting with your carter, which can be done via the government’s webpage: https://huntington-gis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=443d25cbdce84f13800a6392ab1bf438.
Electronic appliances include dryer, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, water cooler, lawn mower, bicycle etc.
Huntington Bulk Trash Schedule
Items too heavy and large to fit inside a trash can are termed as bulk waste. Some of the examples of bulk waste are rugs and carpets, furniture like chairs, sofas and tables, heaters, lumber, scrap metals, pipes, microwave ovens, dishwashers, doors, windows, large toys etc.
Bulk products can be placed on the curbside on the second day of your collection week. A total of four bulk items can be placed for a single bulk pickup. To schedule a bulk pickup in Huntington, call Republic Services at 304.696.5540.
Huntington Yard Waste Schedule
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative items found in the house yards. These things have a separate pickup in Huntington.
To find your pickup day, visit https://www.huntingtonny.gov/TrashCalendar, the days which have been marked with the leaf icon are reserved for yard waste collection.
Town of Huntington hazardous waste disposal
Hazardous waste items are the ones which are too dangerous to be placed openly on the take-out place for collection. It is because these things contain chemicals which are explosive or may catch fire easily.
Hazardous waste products include batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, medications, mercury, gas cylinders, furniture polish, smoke detectors, shoe polish, paints, pesticides, swimming pool chemicals, fertilizers, varnishes, acids, fireworks and other explosive substances etc.
Huntington Garbage Eules
Here are some garbage maintenance rules every resident should follow.
- If your trash can has been injured, you can request for a replacement from the waste department by calling (866) 797-9018.
- Kindly clearly mention your house addresses on every container you are placing for collection.
- Report to police or call the department if you find anyone littering the streets since it is an illegal activity if somebody litters the street knowingly.
- Every trash container should have a minimum of three feet distance from the other cart and even more from other blockages like trees, poles etc. Make sure to place your trash at areas which do not disturb any people or vehicles.
- Your trash cans should not be overfilled with the garbage items, as it can result in garbage being thrown on the streets and contribute to the littering of the streets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Huntington NY Trash or Garbage Schedule – Recap
Huntington New York holds a very comprehensive trash collection program through which the residents can get rid of their unwanted stuff.
To ask about any query or to schedule a pickup, one can contact the Public Works Department through the 304.696.5540 number.
To dispose of items larger than bulk ones, take them to a landfill. You can contact the management through 269-6600.