Manatee (zip code: 34208) is a county near Sarasota and Hillsborough in the state of Florida, in the United States. Like other counties in the country, Manatee offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Manatee County trash schedule.
Manatee County Trash Pickup Schedule
Garbage collection in Manatee takes place on a regular basis, once every week. The pickup starts after 6 am on your trash collection day, so you have to place the carts at the curbside before this time.
In order to know about your monthly trash schedule, enter your address at this garbage collection tool.
Or you can also find your street from the map in order to know about your trash pickup days:
Manatee Trash Holiday Schedule
Here is the complete garage holiday schedule for Manatee county.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 16, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Presidents Day – February 20, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Memorial Day – May 29, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – September 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
Manatee County Recycling Schedule
Recycling in Manatee takes place once every week. However, the pickup days vary from street to street.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Manatee County Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, air conditioners, dryers, stoves and other such items.
In order to dispose of such large items in Manatee, you have to place a maximum of two bulk items on your trash collection days. Place the bulky products before 6 am at the curb side to ensure proper pickup.
Manatee county Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is picked up on every Wednesday under normal circumstances. All the residents have to do is to place the yard trimmings inside a bag and place it at the curbside before 6 am on your pickup day.
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Manatee Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can not be picked up from the curbside in Manatee. In order to dispose of it, take the items to the Lena Road Landfill, which is open for the public from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 5 pm. It is also available for use on the third Saturday of every month from 9 am to 3 pm.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
Manatee County Trash Guidelines
Following are some important guidelines for the Manatee County residents when they are to dispose of their trash.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case you miss trash day, call the Manatee County customer service by dialing (941) 792-8811.
- For more information regarding the trash and recycling schedule, or if you have any questions, call 311 or (941) 792-8811.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Recap – Manatee County Trash Schedule
Garbage, bulk pickup and recycling collection in Manatee takes place on a regular basis. However, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other county holidays. Yard waste takes place every Wednesday.