Like other cities in the country, Killeen offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Killeen trash schedule.
Killeen Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection takes place once every week in Killeen. However, the collection days vary from street to street. Moreover, the curbside collection starts at 7 am on your pickup day, so you have to place the carts at the curbside before this time.
You can have your complete Killeen trash schedule and garbage collection days checked from this trash collection map:
Some national holidays might alter your trash pickup schedule, so you can check the holiday schedule from here.
Killeen Holiday Trash Schedule
Here is the complete holiday trash schedule for the city of Killeen.
- New Year’s Day – January 1, 2024 – No collection takes place on Monday and Tuesday and the collections will take place one day later. Thursday and Friday collections remain the same.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 15, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 10, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 15, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 27, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2024 – Thursday collection will take place one day earlier. The collections will take place on time on the rest of the days.
- Labor Day – September 2, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Columbus Day – October 14, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 28, 2024 – Thursday collection will take place one day earlier. The collections will take place on time on the rest of the days.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
Killeen Recycling Schedule
Recyclables can be taken to the drop-off locations or recycling centers in the city of Killeen. You can take your recyclables to the following locations:
- Killeen Recycling Center, 111 E. Avenue F
- Killeen Recycling Trailer, 2906 E. Rancier Avenue
- Killeen Recycling Trailer, 3201 S. WS Young Drive
- Killeen Transfer Station, 12200 SH 195
- Killeen Recycling Trailer, 6520 Clear Creek Road
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Killeen Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc.
Bulk waste pickup takes place every week on the same days as the trash collection days. Check Bulk Pickup Schedule: https://www.killeentexas.gov/310/Solid-Waste
Killeen Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brush and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Yard waste is collected every week in Killeen, however, the collection days vary depending upon your weekly schedule. Place the brush items at the curb on your weekly garbage collection day.
Killeen Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can not be collected from the curbside, instead, one has to take the hazardous items to landfills. This must be done only on the household hazardous waste collection events. You can know more about the collection days by checking out the city’s website.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Killeen Trash Guidelines
Following are some trash guidelines for the Killeen residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case of any query or if you need any information regarding the Killeen trash schedule, call the city’s solid waste department by dialing 254-501-7785.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Killeen trash pick up on Veterans Day?
Yes, the trash will be picked up on time during the week of Veterans day 2024 in the city of Killeen.
What can you recycle in Killeen?
The city of Killeen recycles metal cans, glass bottles and jars, paper, cartons, and cardboard, plastic bottles, tubs, jugs, and jars etc.
Killeen Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Killeen takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays.
Bulk waste is collected on garbage collection days, and hazardous waste must be taken to the landfill on hazardous waste collection events. For more information, call 254-501-7785.
See What To Do If You Miss Trash Day in Killeen.