Round Rock (zip code: 78664) is a city near San Antonio, Houston and Austin in the state of Texas, in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Round Rock offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Round Rock trash schedule.
Round Rock Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection takes place once every week in Round Rock. However, the collection days vary from street to street.
Moreover, the curbside collection starts at 7 am on your pickup day, so you have to place the carts at the curbside before this time, and remove the carts from the curbside after 6:30 pm on the same day.
You can have your complete Round Rock trash schedule and garbage collection days checked from this trash collection map:
Some national holidays might alter your trash pickup schedule, so you can check the holiday schedule from here.
Round Rock Holiday Trash Schedule
Here is the complete holiday trash schedule for the city of Round Rock.
- New Year’s Day – January 1, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 15, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 10, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 15, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 27, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Labor Day – September 2, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Columbus Day – October 14, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 28, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
Round Rock Recycling Schedule
Recycling takes place every other week in Round Rock, on the same days as your garbage collection days.
To know your complete yearly recycling schedule, check out this recycling collection tool: https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/city-departments/utilities-and-environmental-services/garbage-and-recycling/recycling/#my-pickup-day
Enter your address and a complete calendar containing the pickup days schedule will appear in front of you.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Round Rock Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc.
Bulk waste pickup does not have a regular yearly pickup. Instead, the collection takes place during the spring clean-up days. During these days, you can place bulky items at the curb. Check out the spring clean-up schedule and the list of acceptable items from here.
Round Rock Brush Recycling Schedule
Brush includes tree branches, leaves, grass, and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Brush in Round Rock should be taken to the Brush Recycling Center located in the city. For more information regarding the brush drop-off service fee and other details regarding brush collection, check out the city’s website.
Round Rock Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can not be collected from the curbside, instead, one has to take the hazardous items to the city’s recycling center. This must be done only on the household hazardous waste collection days. You can know more about the collection days by checking out the city’s website.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Round Rock Trash Guidelines
Following are some trash guidelines for the Round Rock residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case of any query or if you need any information regarding the Round Rock trash schedule, call the Central Texas Refuse department by dialing 512-255-4980.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can I drop off trash in Round Rock?
You can take the trash to the Central Texas Refuse and recyclables to the city’s Recycling Center in Round Rock.
What can you recycle in Round Rock?
The city of Round Rock recycles metal cans, glass bottles and jars, paper, cartons, and cardboard, plastic bottles, tubs, jugs, and jars etc.
Round Rock Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Round Rock takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, and Thanksgiving Day.
Bulk waste is collected during the spring clean-up days, and hazardous waste must be taken to the landfill on hazardous waste collection days. For more information, call 512-255-4980.
See What To Do If You Miss Trash Day in Round Rock