Like other cities in the country, Goodyear offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Goodyear trash schedule.
Goodyear Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection takes place once every week in Goodyear. However, the collection days vary from street to street.
The curbside collection starts at 6 am on your pickup day, so you have to place the carts at the curbside before this time, and remove the carts from the curbside before 6 pm on the same day.
You can have your complete Goodyear trash schedule and garbage collection days checked from this trash collection tool:
See What To Do If You Miss Trash Day in Goodyear.
Some national holidays might alter your trash pickup schedule, so you can check the holiday schedule from here.
Goodyear Holiday Trash Schedule
Here is the complete holiday trash schedule for the city of Goodyear.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 16, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 20, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 17, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 29, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – September 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The pickup schedule is shifted to the next on this holiday.
- Columbus Day – October 9, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The pickup schedule is shifted to the next on this holiday.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No collection takes place. The pickup schedule is shifted to the next on this holiday.
- New Year’s Day – January 1st, 2024 – No collection takes place. The pickup schedule is shifted to the next on this holiday.
Goodyear Recycling Schedule
Recycling takes place every week in Goodyear, on the same days as your garbage collection days. To know your complete yearly recycling schedule, check out this recycling collection tool.
Enter your address and a complete calendar containing the pickup days schedule will appear in front of you.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Goodyear Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc.
Bulk waste pickup takes place once every month in the city of Goodyear. However, the collection days may change depending upon the area of the city you live in.
Enter your address in the search bar here and your monthly bulk pickup schedule will appear in front of you.
Goodyear Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can be collected from the curbside, but only on certain days. For now, curbside collection of hazardous waste in Goodyear is taking place. To dispose of toxic items, take them to the drop-off location located in Laveen. This is how you can request for a drop-off appointment in the city:
- Contact them through their website directly or call at 602-842-9160.
- You must have the sanitation account details and a proof of your residency in Goodyear with you in order to get into the drop-off location.
- Your bill must be with you all the time until you have completely gotten rid of your hazardous waste.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Goodyear Trash Guidelines
Following are some trash guidelines for the Goodyear residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case of any query or if you need any information regarding the Goodyear trash schedule, call 623-882-7373.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get rid of large items in Goodyear AZ?
Large or bulky items are collected once every month in Goodyear, and the day depends on your monthly collection schedule. Check out this calendar to know your pickup day.
What is recyclable in Goodyear AZ?
The city of Goodyear recycles metal cans, glass bottles and jars, paper, cartons, and cardboard, plastic bottles, tubs, jugs, and jars etc.
Goodyear AZ Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Goodyear takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays.
Bulk waste is collected once every month, and hazardous waste must be taken to the drop-off center by scheduling an appointment first. Report a problem if you miss a trash pickup or get your trash cart broken.