Norman is a city near Broken Arrow in Oklahoma in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Norman offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Norman trash schedule.
Norman Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection in Norman takes place every week. However, the pickup day varies from region to region.
The trash collection map shows the garbage pickup days for every zone:
Also, you have to place the trash carts before 7:30 a.m. on your pickup day as the collection starts after that.
Norman Garbage Holiday Schedule
Here is the complete trash holiday schedule for the city of Norman.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Monday January 16, 2023 – The trash pickup will take place according to the schedule.
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2023 – Garbage pickup will take place according to the schedule.
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 19, 2023 – The trash pickup will take place according to the schedule.
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4, 2023 – The trash pickup will take place according to the schedule.
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2023 – The trash pickup will take place according to the schedule.
- Veterans Day – Saturday, November 11, 2023 – The collection will take place according to the schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- New Years Day – Monday, January 1, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
Recycling Schedule in Norman
Recycling takes place every other week in Norman. However, every area the city has been divided into has different pickup days, and week may differ as well.
To know your complete daily and weekly recycling schedule, check out this recycling collection map. Enter your address or search for it on the map to get your schedule.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Norman Bulk Trash Pickup
Bulk collection in Norman takes place twice a month, but the residents have to request a pickup first.
It takes place two Saturdays in a month and if you have anything you have to dispose of, you have to call at (405) 329-1023 and schedule an appointment. Your bulky items will be collected next pickup Saturday.
Norman Yard Waste Disposal
Yard waste disposal takes place on a regular basis weekly. The days are distributed among different regions in the city for pickup.
Check out your weekly yard waste schedule from the map and get ready for the collection beforehand.
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Norman household hazardous waste disposal
Household hazardous waste in Norman is not collected curbside and must be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility located in the city. Moreover, the citizens must take an appointment first as the facility can be accessed if an appointment has been made beforehand.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, smoke detectors, acids, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Norman Trash Guidelines
Here are some important instructions for the Norman residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- For more information, contact the city’s waste department by calling at (405) 329-1023.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Recap – Norman Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Norman takes place on a regular basis. However, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays which are New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, and Thanksgiving Day.
To acquire more information about the Norman trash schedule, call (405) 329-1023.