Mansfield (zip code: 76063) is a city near NRH, Grand Prairie, City of Houston, Flower Mound, Grapevine, McKinney, Leander, Brownsville, El Paso, Pflugerville, City of Coppell, Plano, Austin and City of Dallas in the state of Texas, in the United States.
Like other cities in the country, Mansfield offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Mansfield TX trash schedule.
Mansfield TX Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection takes place twice every week in Mansfield. However, the collection days vary from street to street. The curbside collection starts at 7 am on your pickup day, so you have to place the carts at the curbside before this time.
You can have your complete Mansfield trash schedule and garbage collection days checked from this trash collection map:
Some national holidays might alter your trash pickup schedule, so you can check the holiday schedule from here.
Mansfield Holiday Trash Schedule
Here is the complete holiday trash schedule for the city of Mansfield. Note that if a holiday falls on your recycling day on Christmas or New Year’s Day, the collection takes place on the coming Saturday.
- New Year’s Day – January 1, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 16, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 20, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 17, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 29, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – September 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Columbus Day – October 9, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- New Year’s Day – January 1st, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
Mansfield Recycling Schedule
Recycling takes place every week in Mansfield, on days distinct from your garbage collection days. To know your complete yearly recycling schedule, check out this recycling collection map.
Enter your address and a complete map containing the pickup days schedule will appear in front of you.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Mansfield Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, appliances like air conditioners, heaters etc.
Bulk waste is collected twice every week in Mansfield, on the same days as your garbage collection days. You can check out your weekly trash and bulk waste pickup schedule from this collection map.
Mansfield Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Yard waste is collected two times every week in Mansfield, however, the collection days vary depending upon your weekly schedule.
Check out your yard waste collection schedule from here: https://mansfieldtx.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=1d7cfa789855432eb64678d53157d2df
The yard waste or the bundled brush collection days are the same as your trash collection days.
Mansfield Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can not be collected from the curbside, instead, one has to take the hazardous items to the City of Mansfield’s Environmental Collection Center (ECC) located at 616 S Wisteria Street
Mansfield, TX 76063. You can know more about the collection days by checking out the city’s website.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Mansfield Trash Guidelines
Following are some trash guidelines for the Mansfield residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case of any query or if you need any information regarding the Mansfield trash schedule, call the city’s environmental services department by dialing 817-276-4200.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What holidays are trash pickup in Mansfield Texas?
Trash will be picked up on all the holidays except Thanksgiving day, Labor day, and Independence day in Mansfield in 2023.
Does Mansfield TX have bulk pickup?
Yes, bulky items are picked up twice every week in Mansfield, and also this collection takes place on your garbage pickup days.
Mansfield TX Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Mansfield takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays.
Bulk waste is collected on your trash pickup days, and hazardous waste must be taken to the landfill or collection center. For more information, call 817-276-4200.
See What To Do If You Miss Trash Day in Mansfield.