Englewood is a city in Ohio, in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Englewood offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Zip Code: 45322
Following are the details about the Englewood trash schedule.
Englewood Trash Pickup Schedule
Englewood residents have their trash carts emptied once every week. However, the trash pickup day varies from street to street.
You can check out your garbage collection day by looking at your street by clicking on this map below:
Collection starts at 6:30 am on your pickup day, so you have to place your garbage carts at the curbside before this time.
Englewood holiday trash schedule
Here are the garbage holidays for the city of Englewood.
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
Recycling Pickup Schedule in Englewood
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Recycling in Englewood takes place on the same day as your trash pickup days. To know your collection schedule, check out this trash and recycling collection pdf where each street has been mentioned along with its pickup days.
Englewood Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky item collection in Englewood takes place every week. However, a residence can only place a heavy item at the curbside in a week.
Place the bulk products at the curbside on the same day as your garbage collection days. All you have to do is to place a single bulky items at the curbside on your pickup day without making any call or appointment before.
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc. Residents can place a single bulky item at the curbside per week in Melrose.
Englewood yard waste collection
Yard waste is collected on the same day as your garbage collection day in Englewood. Place your yard waste items in a simple bag and place the bags at the curbside for collection.
Here is your trash and yard waste collection schedule.
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
Hazardous waste is not collected at the curbside in Englewood, Ohio. One has to either take them at any drop-off center or at Service centers (in case of used motor oil). Items like diesel fuel, kerosene and gasoline can be taken to the fire stations if they are in small amounts.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, smoke detectors, acids, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
Englewood Trash Disposal Guidelines
Following are some garbage disposal guidelines for the Englewood residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- Clean the recyclable items before placing them in the recycling carts and at the curbside.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- In case of any query or problem, contact the city’s Utility Department by sending them an email at their email address.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Recap – Englewood Trash Schedule
Garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulk waste collection takes place once a week in Englewood according to a given schedule.
However, the collection may face delays during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day etc. you can contact the city’s Utility Department by sending them a message at their email.