Get to know about latest Thornton trash schedule by Mygarbageschedule.com, including Thornton trash phone number, holidays, bulk pickup and dump hours.
A very populated city in the state of Colorado, United States, the City of Thornton is still a very pleasant place to live in, and its effective system of trash collection and recycling directly contributes to the success.
If you are a part of this program or want to be a member, this article covers all the information regarding it including the queries most people have regarding the City of Thornton trash schedule.
Thornton Zip Codes: 80023, 80229, 80233
Thornton Trash Schedule
Trash collection in the city of Thornton takes place on a weekly basis. To search for your garbage pickup schedule by address, enter your address at the government website: https://www.thorntonco.gov/government/infrastructure/trash-recycling/Pages/trash-recycling-calendar.aspx.
Find out your collection day and place the trash cans in front of your houses before 6 am on the collection day, as the pickup starts after it.
An application named City of Thornton Recycles is also provided by the government. You can install it from the Play Store or the app store and get all updates regarding your dump collecting timings and other notifications.
City of Thornton public holidays
Trash collection takes place according to the calendar provided to you, but same changes can occur in case of any severe weather conditions and also on the public holidays announced by the government.
Here are the holidays on which no collection will take place and the schedule will shift to the next day.
- Memorial Day – May 29
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – September 4
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23
- Christmas Day – December 25
Recycling Schedule in Thornton
All recyclable materials should be placed in a separate cart and not along with the waste products. To do this, you must know first which items are considered recyclable. Some of the examples of things which can be recycled are:
- paper items like newspapers, diaries and magazines
- glass jars, jugs and small glass items
- plastic bottles and small plastic containers
- metal cans used for storing food and liquids (emptied and cleaned) etc.
- cardboard boxes or other cardboard stuff
These are the addresses where you can recycle:
- Thornton Municipal Service Center – 88th Avenue & Colorado Boulevard, open Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Infrastructure Maintenance Center – 12450 Washington Street. Use the north entrance with access on 126th Avenue, east of Washington Street, open Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Get the Recycling Schedule of Thornton at https://www.thorntonco.gov/government/infrastructure/trash-recycling/Pages/trash-recycling-calendar.aspx
What not to send for recycling in Thornton?
These things should NOT be sent for recycling.
- Daily household trash which is to be thrown in gray containers
- Large items like furniture and mattresses
- Dangerous wastes like pesticides and paints
- Other household appliances
Also, Read: Are Trash Bags Recyclable?
City of Thornton Bulk Trash Pickup
Bulk trash includes the items which are too large to and heavy to fit inside a trash cart. Such things require special pickup and have separate fees. Following things are included in bulk waste in the city of Thornton.
- Stove and water heater (with chemicals removed)
- Bicycle and swing sets (every part should be separated)
- Furniture like chairs, couches, dressers, desks, and tables
- Small tree shrubs
- Appliances like refrigerators and air conditioners but they should be free of refrigerants
- Yard waste should be placed separately instead of placing it with bulk waste.
- Other household items
Click Here to Schedule Bulk Trash Pickup in Thornton.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste items are the things that can catch fire easily and hence should not be placed like other waste materials. Instead, one should pack them tightly in a solid container first and should inform the government department about the hazardous waste pickup. For wastes having size of approximately six yards, $65 is the pickup fee in Thornton.
Hazardous waste includes acids, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, mercury, fireworks and other explosive substances, batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, wood stain, toner, lead, gas cylinders, furniture polish, smoke detectors, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, swimming pool chemicals, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
Thornton dump hours
Dump stations or landfills are the places where one can take all kinds of waste and also the goods which are to be recycled. There are a number of landfill services in Thornton and you can take your trash in any facility which is near to your residence.
Thornton Solid Waste-Recycling is the government’s landfill service which is open from 6 am to 5 pm for public use.
Thornton residents, take notes!
You guys should know a few things about the waste management and collection program.
- Medicines and needles are also included in dangerous kinds of waste, so they must be tightly packed in solid boxes before you throw them.
- Report to police or call 311 if you find anyone littering the streets since it is an illegal activity if somebody litters the street knowingly.
- Every trash container should have a minimum of three feet distance from the other cart and even more from other blockages like trees, poles etc. make sure to place your trash at areas which do not disturb any passengers or vehicles.
- Kindly clearly mention your house addresses on every container you are placing for collection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
That was all about Thornton Trash Schedule
To conclude, the city of Thornton’s detailed trash collection program gets your trash collected from your doorstep and one can also take his items to a drop off location to dispose of it.
Items like food should not be thrown but be composted or decomposed, bulk items have a separate pickup and also, there are some guidelines to follow. Sign up your program and spend your life in ease.
City of Thornton Trash Phone Number is 720-977-6200. Contact at this number if you missed you pickup.
Denver Trash Schedule is also here, so check it out!