Bakersfield is a city in the state of California, in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Bakersfield offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Bakersfield trash schedule.
Bakersfield Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection in Bakersfield takes place once every week. However, the collection days may differ according to the street you live in.
To know your complete weekly garbage schedule in Bakersfield, enter your address by clicking on this map:
Also, the trash collection starts at 6 am on your garbage pickup day, so you have to make sure you place the carts at the curbside before this time.
Bakersfield Holiday Trash Schedule
Following is the complete Bakersfield garbage holiday schedule.
- New Year’s Day – January 2, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 16, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 20, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 17, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 29, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – September 4, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Columbus Day – October 9, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
Bakersfield Recycling Schedule
Recycling collection takes place once every other week in the city of Bakersfield. Likewise, your collection days in a single week might also not be the same as your neighboring street.
You can check out your complete recycling schedule by searching for your street name and street number here: https://gis.bakersfieldcity.us/CartSchedule/
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Blue Recycle Bin Pick-up Schedule 2023
Blue Recycling bins are used in Bakersfield to recycle paper, rigid plastic containers, metal and glass.
These bins should be placed before 6 a.m. Also, their lid should be properly closed. Otherwise, it will not get picked up.
The Blue Recycle Bin pickup is same as recycling schedule.
Bakersfield Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, electronics, heaters, BBQ grills, large toys etc.
Bulk collection does not take place according to any specific schedule in Bakersfield. Instead, one has to schedule an appointment first in order to get rid of large items. This can be done by calling 661-326-3114.
Bulk pickup appointments can be made after every three months. During each collection, a person can not place more than two heavy items.
Yard Waste Disposal in Bakersfield
Yard or green waste pickup in Bakersfield takes place every week. To check your collection day, which is different for different city regions, find your address from this collection map.
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Bakersfield household hazardous waste disposal
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
Household hazardous waste products can not be picked up from the curbside in Bakersfield. The residents must take such items to the Kern County Special Waste Facility. This county is present at 4951 Standard Street. For more information, call 661-862-8900.
Bakersfield Trash Guidelines
Following are some trash guidelines
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of four feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case you broke your cart or are in need of a new one, you can call at 661-326-3114 to get a new one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
RECAP – Bakersfield Trash Schedule
Garbage, yard waste and recycling collection in Bakersfield takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays. Bulk waste pickup can be scheduled by requesting an appointment first.
Also, Read What To Do If You Miss Trash Day?