Anaheim (zip code: 92801) is a city near Oxnard, Costa Mesa, Torrance, and Glendale in the state of California, in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Anaheim offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Anaheim trash schedule.
Anaheim Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection takes place once every week in Anaheim. However, the collection days vary from street to street.
Moreover, the curbside collection starts at 7 am on your pickup day, so you have to place the carts at the curbside before this time, and remove the carts from the curbside before 11 pm on the same day.
You can have your complete Anaheim trash schedule and garbage collection days checked from this trash collection map:
Some national holidays might alter your trash pickup schedule, so you can check the holiday schedule from here.
Anaheim Holiday Trash Schedule
Here is the complete holiday trash schedule for the city of Anaheim.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- New Year’s Day – January 1st, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 15, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 19, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 15, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 27, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – September 2, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Columbus Day – October 14, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
Anaheim Recycling Schedule
Recycling takes place every week in Anaheim, on the same days as your garbage collection days. To know your complete yearly recycling schedule, check out this recycling collection map. Enter your address and a complete calendar containing the pickup days schedule will appear in front of you.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Anaheim Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulk waste pickup does not have any specific schedule. Instead, the residents have to schedule an appointment in order to get bulky items picked up in Anaheim.
Call (714) 238-2444 to schedule a bulk pickup. Three bulk pickups can be scheduled per year free of cost.
Anaheim Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can not be collected from the curbside, instead, one has to take the hazardous items to any of the following collection centers.
- Anaheim Collection Center — 1071 N. Blue Gum Street, 92806
- Huntington Beach Collection Center — 17121 Nichols Lane, 92647, Gate 6
- Irvine Collection Center — 6411 Oak Canyon, 92618
- San Juan Capistrano Collection Center — 32250 Avenida La Pata, 92675
You can know more about the collection days by checking out the city’s website.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Anaheim Trash Guidelines
Following are some trash guidelines for the Anaheim residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case of any query or if you need any information regarding the Anaheim trash schedule, call the city’s customer service department by dialing 800-700-8610.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I schedule a large trash pickup in Anaheim?
To schedule a large item pickup in Anaheim, call at (714) 238-2444. A total of three bulk pickups can be scheduled for free in the city.
Who picks up Anaheim trash?
Trash pickup in Anaheim, California is carried out by the Republic Services. In case of any information needed regarding the trash schedule, call the customer service by dialing 800-700-8610.
Anaheim Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Anaheim takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays.
Bulk waste is collected by appointment, and hazardous waste must be taken to the landfill or collection centers. For more information, call 800-700-8610.
See What To Do If You Miss Trash Day in Anaheim.