Visalia (zip code: 93277) is a city near Bakersfield in the state of California, in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Visalia offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Visalia trash schedule.
Visalia Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection takes place once every week in Visalia. However, the collection days vary from street to street.
Moreover, the curbside collection starts at 6 am on your pickup day, so you have to place the carts at the curbside before this time. Also, do not place the carts earlier than 7 pm on the day before collection.
You can have your complete trash schedule and garbage collection days checked from this trash collection map:
Some national holidays might alter your trash pickup schedule, so you can check the holiday schedule from here.
Visalia Holiday Trash Schedule
Here is the complete holiday trash schedule for the city of Visalia.
- New Year’s Day – January 1, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 15, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 10, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 15, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 27, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2024 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – September 2, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Columbus Day – October 14, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2023 – No change in schedule in trash, recycling and yard waste pickup schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 28, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
Visalia Recycling Schedule
Recycling takes place every week in Visalia, on the same days as your garbage collection days. To know your complete yearly recycling schedule, check out this recycling collection map: https://visalia.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=aaf7966e993742e69ca08c6b78c4eadc
Enter your address and a complete calendar containing the pickup days schedule will appear in front of you.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Visalia Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc.
Bulk waste pickup does not have a regular pickup. Instead, the residents have to take the items to their relevant recycling or drop-off centers. Check out what item needs to be taken to which center from this pdf.
Visalia Yard Waste Pickup Schedule
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Yard waste pickup also takes place on a weekly basis in the city. However, the pickup days are different from the trash collection days. You can have a look at the yard waste collection days from here: https://visalia.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=aaf7966e993742e69ca08c6b78c4eadc
Visalia Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can not be collected from the curbside, instead, one has to take the hazardous items to the city’s HHW facility. You can know more about the collection days by calling at 559-713-4428 or checking out the city’s website.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Visalia Trash Guidelines
Following are some trash guidelines for the Visalia residents.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other, and one feet with the curb.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case of any query or if you need any information regarding the Visalia trash schedule, call the city’s Public Works department by dialing (559) 713-4428.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the phone number for the city of Visalia?
The city of Visalia management can be contacted by calling at 559-713-4300 and in order to contact the Public Works department, call at (559) 713-4428.
What can you recycle in Visalia?
The city of Visalia recycles metal cans, glass bottles and jars, paper, cartons, and cardboard, plastic bottles, tubs, jugs, and jars etc.
Visalia Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Visalia takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, and Thanksgiving Day.
Bulk waste should be taken to recycling centers, and hazardous waste must be taken to the hazardous waste facility. For more information, call (559) 713-4428.
See What To Do If You Miss Trash Day in Visalia.