Raleigh is a city in the state of North Carolina, in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Raleigh offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the Raleigh trash schedule.
Raleigh Trash Pickup Schedule
Garbage collection in Raleigh takes place once every week, but the pickup day for your house or apartment will be decided according to the street you live in.
You can check out your weekly garbage collection schedule from here:
Enter your address at the search bar for details.
Moreover, you need to place the carts before 6 am on the pickup day, as the collection starts after this time.
Raleigh Holiday Trash Schedule
Here is the complete holiday trash schedule for the city of Raleigh.
- New Year’s Day – January 2, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 16, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Presidents Day – February 20, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Patriots Day – April 17, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Memorial Day – May 29, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Juneteenth – June 19, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Independence Day – July 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – September 4, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Columbus Day – October 9, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2023 – No change in schedule.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2023 – No change in schedule.
Raleigh Recycling Schedule
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Raleigh offers curbside recycling to its residents once every other week, on the same day as the garbage collection day. Recycling collection occurs after 6 am on your curbside pickup day.
Half of the city has its collection day in week A. while the other half gets its recyclables collected in week B. Here are their schedules:
Raleigh Bulk Pickup Schedule
There is no specific schedule for curbside collection of large trash in Raleigh. To get rid of bulk waste, one has to schedule an appointment first. In order to do so, you have to call the city customer support by dialing 919-996-3245.
Raleigh Yard Waste Pickup
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
These items must be placed inside brown bags or containers at the curbside once every other week. The collection days, however, are the same as the trash and recycling collection days in Raleigh.
Raleigh Household Hazardous Waste Pickup
Household hazardous waste items can not be picked up at the curbside in Raleigh. In order to get rid of such items, the residents should take these toxic items to the Wake County household hazardous waste facility.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health.
Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Raleigh Trash Guidelines
Following are some important instructions for the Raleigh residents regarding the city trash schedule.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- In case you miss your trash, recycling or yard waste pickup in Raleigh, call the customer support center by dialing 919-996-3245 or fill this missed collection form online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Recap – Raleigh Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Raleigh takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays.
Bulk waste pickup can be scheduled by requesting an appointment first. In case of any problem or query regarding the city’s trash schedule, call 919-996-3245.