Peoria is a city near Naperville and Des Plaines in Illinois in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Melrose offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Zip Codes: 61601-61607, 61612-61615, 61625, 61629, 61630, 61633, 61634, 61636-61639, 61641, 61643, 61650-61656
Following are the details about the Peoria trash schedule.
Peoria Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash collection in Peoria takes place on a regular weekly basis, however, the collection days vary from street to street.
In order to know about your garbage schedule, check out this city collection map:
Another way to find your pickup day is by searching by address through the city’s interactive trash and recycling map.
Collection starts at 6 am on your garbage pickup day, so you must place the carts at the curbside before this time. You can take your emptied carts back after 6 pm the same day. You can contact the Customer Service by calling at 623-773-7160 in case of any queries.
Peoria Garbage Holiday Schedule
Following is the complete holiday trash schedule for Peoria.
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 19, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 9, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Veterans Day – Saturday, November 11, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- New Years Day – Monday, January 1, 2024 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
Recycling Schedule in Peoria
The city of Peoria has the same recycling schedule as the garbage collection schedule. In order to know your pickup day, check out the city recycling collection map.
Also, place the recycling carts along with the trash carts at the curbside before 6 am on your pickup day.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Peoria Bulk Trash Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc. Residents can place a single bulky item at the curbside per week in Melrose.
Bulk pickup in Peoria does not have a specific schedule; instead, the residents have to schedule an appointment first in order to get heavy items picked up from their houses.
In order to request a bulky item pickup, schedule a bulk collection from here.
Peoria Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, smoke detectors, acids, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
Peoria helps its residents get rid of the hazardous waste by collecting the items from their houses. However, the citizens must schedule an appointment first. In order to do this, they must consider following the given steps.
- Firstly, call at (623) 773-7836 or fill the online hazardous waste form and answer some questions regarding the nature of the object you want to get rid of.
- Secondly, verify or confirm the pickup date through the email link that will be sent to you by the department after filling the form.
- Place the hazardous waste products in front of your house before 6 am on your pickup day.
- Note that in order to change your pickup day, call at (623) 773-7836 at least one day before collection.
Instructions for Peoria residents
Following are some important trash guidelines every Peoria resident must know.
- In order to take part in the city’s trash and recycling collection program, call Peoria’s Customer Service by dialing 623-773-7160.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- If your cart has been damaged or in case you need to get an additional one, you can request a new cart from here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Recap – Peoria Trash Schedule
Trash and recycling collection in Peoria takes place on a regular basis. However, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays.
Bulk and hazardous waste pickups can be scheduled by requesting an appointment first. To acquire more information about the Peoria trash schedule, call 623-773-7431.