Olathe is a city near Lawrence in the beautiful state of Kansas, in the United States. Like other cities in the country, Olathe offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
Following are the details about the City of Olathe trash schedule.
City of Olathe Trash Pickup Schedule
Trash is collected every week in the city of Olathe. The days of collection, however, differ from area to area.
So in order to find your pickup day, search for your address by clicking on the map and you will be guided about your trash schedule.
Moreover, the collection starts at 7 am on your garbage pickup day, so you have to make sure you place the carts at the curbside before this time.
Olathe Holiday Trash Schedule
Following the complete Olathe holiday garbage schedule for 2023.
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 2, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day – Monday January 16, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- President’s Day – Monday February 20, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 19, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Veterans Day – Saturday, November 11, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2023 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Day after Thanksgiving – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
- Christmas Eve – Sunday December 24, 2023 – The schedule does not change.
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25 – No collection takes place. The schedule is shifted to the next day till the end of the week.
City of Olathe Bulk Pickup Schedule
Bulky waste items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc. bulk waste pickup does not take place on a regular basis, however, the residents can schedule an appointment for heavy waste pickup.
To schedule a bulk pickup in Olathe, call at 913-971-9311 or open this bulk pickup link and schedule a pickup. The collection will take place on the same day as your trash pickup day.
Olathe Recycling Schedule
Recycling collection in the city of Olathe takes place every other week. Moreover, the collection days for a street may be different than the neighboring one.
In order to know your exact collection days and complete collection schedule, enter your address here.
Recyclables include newspaper, office paper and magazines, plastic bottles, envelopes and wrapping paper, construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, glass jars and bottles, food cans etc.
Olathe Yard Waste Disposal
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
Yard waste is collected every week in the city of Olathe. The residents have to place the carts before 7 am on their collection days as the collection begins after this time. Moreover, yard waste can also be dropped-off in the city of Olathe. One can take the waste at 1100 Hedge Lane, Olathe, KS 66061 for disposal.
Olathe Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste can not be picked up from the curbside and the Olathe residents have to take it to the drop-off centers or facilities. Every month an event takes place where the citizens can take their hazardous waste products. A facility, located at 1420 S. Robinson Drive
Olathe, KS 66061, accepts this waste. However, you have to call at 913-971-9311 and schedule an appointment first.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, smoke detectors, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes etc.
City of Olathe Trash Guidelines
Here are some important things every Olathe resident should know.
- Place the carts away from any kind of obstruction in order to avoid damage of the city properties.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- Wash and dry the containers on a regular basis to ensure proper cleanliness.
- Call at 913-971-9311 in order to report a missed trash pickup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Recap – City of Olathe Trash Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in Olathe takes place on a regular basis. However, the schedule changes a little during the weeks of some public holidays like New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and some other city holidays.
Bulk pickup can be scheduled by requesting an appointment first. To acquire more information about the city of Olathe trash schedule, call 913-971-9311.