Huntsville is a city in Alabama, in the United States of America. It has a detailed trash collection program, through which all the trash from the streets as well as from the houses is cleaned.
If you are a Huntsville resident, sign up for this program if you want to get rid of all kinds of waste from your house regularly. Here are the details about the Huntsville garbage schedule.
Huntsville trash pickup schedule
Trash collection in Huntsville takes place on a weekly basis. The collection starts at 7 am on your pickup day, so you have to place your carts at the curbside before this time.
To find your schedule, enter your address at the search bar on the following government’s webpage: https://maps.huntsvilleal.gov/address/
Make sure you place the carts away from all kinds of blockages including trees, utility poles etc. and from the streets as well.
Huntsville holiday trash schedule
Here is the trash schedule for public holidays.
- Monday, January 2 – New Year’s Day – Collections will be delayed by one day the week of January 2-6.
- Monday, January 16 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Collection will shift to the next day till the end of the week
- Friday, April 7 – Good Friday
- Monday, May 29 – Memorial Day – Collection will shift to the next day till the end of the week
- Monday, June 19 – Juneteenth – Collection will shift to the next day till the end of the week
- Tuesday, July 4 – Independence Day On schedule Monday, July 3 – Collections delayed by one day after July 4
- Monday, September 4 – Labor Day – Collection will shift to the next day till the end of the week
- Friday, Nov. 10 – Veterans Day
- Thursday – Friday, November 23-24 – Thanksgiving – Thursday collection will be collected Friday
- Monday, Dec. 25 – Christmas – Collection will shift to the next day till the end of the week
Huntsville recycling schedule
Curbside recycling collection in Huntsville takes place either on Thursday or Wednesday every week.
Recyclables should be placed inside the blue carts and must include items like paper products, cardboard, glass items, metal cans and plastic items.
In case you need information about anything, contact the city’s recycling department by calling at (256) 880-6054.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
That was all you want to know about Huntsville Garbage Schedule
Trash collection in Huntsville takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule may change during the weeks of public holidays. For more information, contact the city government through 256-883-3964.