Fort Wayne is a city in Indiana, in the United States of America. Like other cities in the country, Fort Wayne offers its residents a trash collection program through which the citizens can get rid of their daily household trash, recyclables, hazardous waste and bulky items.
To find Fort Wayne Trash Schedule, use the following zip codes in search bar: 46774, 46801, 46802, 46803, 46804.
Following are the details about the Fort Wayne trash schedule.
Fort Wayne Trash Pickup Schedule
Garbage collection in Fort Wayne takes place on a regular basis – once every week. However, the pick up days vary from street to street.
In order to know about your trash schedule in Fort Wayne, open this garbage collection map and enter your address:
You will be provided with your detailed weekly collection schedule.
Fort Wayne Trash Holiday Schedule
Following are the days which alter your trash collection schedule in Fort Wayne. These are:
- January 16 – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No collection takes place on this holiday. The pickup will take place on the next day.
- May 29, 2023 – Memorial Day – No collection takes place on this holiday. The pickup will take place on the next day.
- June 19, 2023 – Juneteenth – No collection takes place on this holiday. The pickup will take place on the next day.
- July 4, 2023 – Independence Day – No collection takes place on this holiday. The pickup will take place on the next day.
- September 4, 2023 – Labor Day – No collection takes place on this holiday. The pickup will take place on the next day.
- November 23, 2023 – Thanksgiving Day – No collection takes place on this holiday. The pickup will take place on the next day.
- December 25, 2023 – Christmas Day – No collection takes place on this holiday. The pickup will take place on the next day.
Recycling Schedule Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne conducts its recycling collection on a regular basis. However, your collection days may be different from others depending on the area you live in. Each block has a different pickup day.
To find your recycling schedule, open this recycling schedule map, through which you can have a detailed collection schedule and can prepare your carts beforehand.
One can recycle newspaper, office paper and magazines, envelopes and wrapping paper (which does not contain any metal or foil), construction paper, junk mail, books and paper bags, catalogs, tin, aluminum, and some other metal cans in the city. Plastic bags should not be placed for recycling.
Fort Wayne Bulk Pickup Schedule
The residents have to schedule an appointment first before they place bulky items at the curbside.
One should schedule an appointment not less than two days before in order to have his bulky items collected. To schedule a bulky items day, call 311.
Bulky items are those which are very heavy and large and hence cannot be placed inside regular trash cans. These items include mattresses, furniture, carpets and rugs etc.
Fort Wayne Garbage Fees 💵
The garbage collection fees from July 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023 is as follows:
- Single family houses: $15.80 per month
- Multi-family Units: $31.60 per month
- Additional trash carts: $4 per month
Yard Waste Disposal Fort Wayne
Yard waste includes tree branches, leaves, grass, brushes and other vegetative materials. Dirt, rocks and sand, cement and concrete, wood to which glue is added, recyclable items, animal waste and dead animals should not be added to yard waste.
While disposing of yard waste in Fort Wayne, one should place each item at their given places. Grass clippings can be placed at the curbside after putting them in bags or one can simply place them in trash carts.
Tree branches must be smaller than 3’ and should be tied and placed in the garbage carts. Leaves should not be placed outside for yard waste collection.
Fort Wayne Hazardous Waste Disposal
Household hazardous waste products must be taken to drop-off locations as they are harmful enough not to be placed inside trash carts. Also, an event takes place every Tuesday in which one can give away the hazardous items. The event is conducted on 2260 Carroll Road and one can take his items there.
Hazardous items are the ones which can catch fire easily or which contain toxic chemicals dangerous for human health. Some of the examples are batteries and cells, glues and adhesives, furniture polish, smoke detectors, acids, swimming pool chemicals, brake fluid, photographic chemicals, medications, shoe polish, paints, pesticides and insecticides, fertilizers, varnishes, wood stain, toner, lead etc.
Read this guide if you want to get rid of old ammo.
Fort Wayne Garbage Guidelines
Here are some instructions for the Fort Wayne residents to follow while disposing of garbage and recyclables.
- Trash carts must be placed having a minimum of three feet distance with each other.
- Do not overfill the carts. This may result in the trash being thrown on the streets which will litter your area.
- Throwing garbage on the streets and roads is not allowed and should not be practiced by the citizens.
- In case of any problem or query regarding your trash schedule, contact the city government by calling 311.
- You can request another garbage can by calling the department if the previous one has been broken or is lost.
To be good at handling garbage, read How Should Trash and Recyclables Be Stored?
FAQs – Fort Wayne Trash Schedule
Recap – Fort Wayne Trash Schedule
Garbage collection in the city of Fort Wayne takes place on a regular basis, however, the schedule may differ a little during the weeks of some public holidays like Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For more information regarding garbage, recycling, bulky and hazardous waste pickup, call 311.
Missed the pickup? Don’t worry because Mygarbageschedule.com is here to help you.